Monday, October 8, 2012

TABLE REDO

Over the summer when we were shopping for furniture downtown, we came across just what we were looking for to fill our entry way. This little table was just the thing. We wanted a black table so we purchased some black paint and using the recipe from Jamielyn at iheartnaptime, we created our own chalk paint.
Here is what the table looked like before.

The first thing I did was to remove the drawer pull and then sand down to the wood. It took about 2 coats to cover completely and to look cohesive. I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

One word of advice I will give to those looking to make your own chalk paint. *Make sure that your Plaster of Paris is completely mixed in or you will have chunks in your paint and will have to sand them down and start over.

Once we had it painted, I put on a new drawer pull that I purchased for $1.50 at Hobby Lobby. I think it looks great.

 All ready for fall and our upcoming Halloween Party. 


1 comment: