Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Race Extravaganza

Now that summer is here and my computer is fixed, I am so excited to share this year's birthday party with all of you even if it was a few months ago. Camden is absolutely in love with Cars and most importantly Shiny Wax. So when it came to planning a birthday party this year, there was no doubt what it would be. Here are some of the amazing photos taken by my friend Cortney Heykoop, of Heykoopphotography. I am so glad she was able to come and capture this amazing day with our friends and family.

Here are some of the amazing photos. Thank you to Pinterest for the great ideas.

 I purchased several race themed items from racepartydecorations.com

  Race car apples and grapes.
 
 Cone cups thanks to birthdayexpress.com
 
 This wall masterpiece was thanks to my wonderful husband and step-dad. Didn't they do a great job?
 
The cake that looked easier to create than it actually was.
 
 My mom's amazing sugar cookies.
 
The stop light cupcakes that were oh so yummy too!
 

Camden's favorite car in the movie or should I say not in the movie is Shiny Wax. I think it could be his color but I found some great clip art online and printed it on sticky paper. Worked great to jazz up the applesauce.
The pit passes that the kids each were given.
 
Our little photo booth that I created with help from my family. All of our guests were able to get their pictures taken in the photo booth. It was a great memento for us and them to remember the day.
 
 
Some more great photos of the day.
 
 
I created my stop lights with soda cases. Amazing what I little spray paint and colored circles can do.
 
Great birthday shirt purchased from http://www.etsy.com/shop/AChapmanCreations
 
Dad and I had some fun with the photo props.
It was a great day and I can't wait to plan the next party.
 
Michelle :)


4 comments:

  1. Wow!! Awesome job!! You've made great memories for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was so cute and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you get the template or purchase the pit passes you gave all the kids?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa my step-mom works for a printing company and made them. I can see about getting you the design. Let me know!

      Delete