Monday, July 6, 2020

A "SUPER" HERO BIRTHDAY BASH

At age 3, Carson loved anything with a cape, mask, crazy costume or name. This set us up to host an amazing superhero themed birthday party. When your kids have a love or interest in something it makes finding decorations that much easier. We had several costumes, t-shirts, and action figures to use (I was going to call them dolls, but I learned early with my boys, "They are action figures not dolls, mom.") Proof below that we had several to use. :)


In an effort to keep our party within certain time constraints, we opted to host at a location other than our home. (Always a great idea!) There was a local park where we hosted our older son's 2nd birthday that we knew would work perfectly. At the venue, we could bring in our own decorations, food and set things up how we wanted. They also offered staff members to put on a show/entertain the children with a reptile show. (Not on the theme but couldn't complain, Batman and Robin were busy.) 


Every year, another special thing I like to torture myself with is the cake. My sister-in-law, Alivia helped me to carry out this awesome cake that was inspired from the Betty Crocker website and a pin I found on Pinterest. See more of my superhero party ideas HERE. 




The buildings we used for decorations were made by Ryan's Aunt Roberta for her grandson's birthday party. She did such great work, we asked her to let us borrow them for our party. 

My mom made her famous sugar cookies in the batman shape for this party. She found some gummies that she was able to use for the symbol so she didn't have to pipe them. I thought they turned out great!

Thor cheese hammers, Captain American shields and various party snacks. 

With superhero loving boys, most of our family had super hero shirts or could easy get one at Target. Here you can see 2 of the grandpa's sporting matching shirts. 


We had this Instagram cutout made for Camden's Scooby-Doo birthday and have been able to use it several times. Although the kids at school pointed out to me shortly after this was created that the Instagram symbol and layout changed, I didn't care because it is still a fun prop for parties. 

Before Carson was born, I found an amazing local photographer, I vowed that each year until they were in school, we would do pictures around their birthdays. It just so happens that we try to create photos around the themes to use for displays or even for the invitations. Below are some of my favorites that Kelly Ring Photography took for Carson's 3rd birthday. 


Carson's birthday shirt from Etsy- Designs By M&M Boutique


This last one, is one of my all time favorites photos. I can't wait to embarrass him when he starts bringing dates over, this would also make a good yearbook photo as they always ask for baby pictures upon graduation. I'm sure he will love me sharing it. 

As you can see, 3 was a great time! Lots of costumes and smiles all around. 

Michelle 



1 comment:

  1. Such a fun theme! You were a big help for D’s 5th Superhero Party too - still one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete