Monday, July 13, 2020

BA-NA-NA

It's funny to name a blog post after something that Camden would never eat. However, I am sure that you know the connection between the Minions and bananas. If not, I would highly recommend watching the Despicable Me and Minion movies. Next summer, the new movie will be coming out, The Rise of Gru. If interested in hosting a family movie night, I am sure that several of these party ideas can help you. 
Camden's 8th birthday was one in a minion...haha!! I am so bad at puns but they make me chuckle and make my kids roll their eyes. We had a party for Camden and his friends at the local rollerskating rink and then had a family get together at our house. This seems to be a good option for minimal chaos. It does however take strategic planning of food preparation so as to have enough for both events. 


Camden's minion cake.


Food tags and cake inspired by Racks and Mooby.  Eyeball candies found at the local supermarket baking section or craft store baking section. 








On display you can see Camden's birthday book for signing from Amazon. I actually bought the seek and find as well as Dracula's Last Birthday but liked the seek and find better for signing. 
Twinkies covered with Minion paper from Tonya Staab.
Minion glasses and Happy Birthday sign were from Party City. I found Minion bags in the dollar spot section at Target and each friend took one home filled with Minion goodies like the glasses and Minion snack. 


Camden's birthday shirt was from the Etsy shop Lily Grace Boutique. She was so easy to work with and even made me a white version for Camden's birthday shirt quilt. That will be coming in the next year. Stay tuned for more on that. 
 

When I look back at these photos I can't believe how much they have grown in just 2 years. Time needs to slow down. I know we say that a lot but I am truly enjoying these days of fun birthday parties, theme nights, and watching them grow up. 

Michelle 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment